1. LYING LOOPHOLE: "We are covered under the blood and God has forgiven us, so this other marriage is acceptable before God."
BIBLE TRUTH: "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18) (Note) Nowhere in scripture does it say God distinguishes between "saved" and "unsaved" marriages.
2. LYING LOOPHOLE: "We were married and divorced before we were saved. "We're under the blood."
BIBLE TRUTH: "Neither do I condemn thee: Go, and SIN NO MORE." (John 8:11b) (NOTE: Scripture does not talk about marriage before or after salvation or remarriage before and after salvation. Scripture does tell us that we are forgiven by God for the sin of adultery, but does not tell us that we can go on committing the sin of adultery (which is unfaithfulness on the part of a married person).
3. LYING LOOPHOLE: "God says, `What GOD has joined together let no man put asunder", but God didn't join our marriage together because it wasn't a marriage of love."
BIBLE TRUTH: "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Heb.13:4)
4. LYING LOOPHOLE: "He was an unbeliever and we were unequally yoked together in marriage, therefore it was no marriage."
BIBLE TRUTH: "And unto the married I command, yet not I BUT THE LORD, Let not the wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife." (1 Cor.7:1011) "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation [life] of the wives." (1 Peter 3:1) "And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by her husband: else were your children unclean, but now are they holy." (1 Cor. 7:13,14)
5. LYING LOOPHOLE: "We are allowed to remarry we are no longer under the law."
BIBLE TRUTH: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass
from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt.5:1719)
6. LYING LOOPHOLE: "The Bible says, `except for fornication', and my husband has been having an affair with some woman. I'm free to divorce and remarry."
BIBLE TRUTH: "Moses because of the HARDNESS OF YOUR HEARTS suffered you to put away your wives: BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO." (Matt.19:8b)
7. LYING LOOPHOLE: "I was the innocent party. My husband left me for another woman."
BIBLE TRUTH: "...And whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit ADULTERY" (Matt.19:9b)
8. LYING LOOPHOLE: "The Bible says we are "not under bondage". My husband is an alcoholic (or drug addict) and I'm called to peace. I can divorce and marry a Christian man."
BIBLE TRUTH: "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace." (1 Cor. 7:15) (NOTE: There is nothing that says a
woman or man may remarry. Those spouses who leave, may leave. A woman or man does not have to run after the spouse to perform marital duties such as cook, wash clothes, etc. Just let him go and be in peace. The next verse explains more fully.) "For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?" (1 Cor.7:16) NOTE: If one would divorce and remarry, this would demonstrate that there is no expectation of the spouse's return. Divorce and remarriage closes the door in such cases for the reconciliation which God calls us to. If a husband is abusive to wife and children in a physical sense, the Bible does not prohibit a separation time for "peace". However, nothing is said about divorce and remarriage in any case.
9. LYING LOOPHOLE: "My husband deserted me in his heart because he just doesn't love me anymore. He broke the covenant in the heart. I'm not under bondage to stay with a man who doesn't love me anymore."
BIBLE TRUTH: "And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband:" (1 Cor.7:1314) "For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?" (1 Cor.7:16)
10. LYING LOOPHOLE: "God is a God of love and mercy don't judge."
BIBLE TRUTH: God is a God of love and mercy, but He is also a God of judgement and the Bible says to "judge righteous judgement." (John 7:24b)
11. LYING LOOPHOLE: "The Lord doesn't expect a man or woman to go on living in celibacy just because they made a mistake once."
BIBLE TRUTH: The disciples understood the implications of what Jesus was bringing forth when He said, "What God hath joined together, let no man put asunder." (Matt.19:6b) They knew full well what would have to take place for man to live cleanly before God in this matter. They responded, "If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry." (Matt.19:10b) Jesus replied, "All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given... and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." (Matt.19:1112)
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." (Matt.16:2425)
12. LYING LOOPHOLE: "The Bible itself shows me that remarriage is not sinful. See 1 Cor.7:27,28 which says, "Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife; but and if thou marry, thou has not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned...'."
BIBLE TRUTH: "For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as she liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man." (Romans 7:23) Note: 1 Corinthians 7:27 & 28 pertain to widows and unmarried people.
When the Lord gave me the directives for the "what now?", I shuddered somewhat because I knew the implications and the ramifications of telling what comes next. In the past, I would tell people to go back and hear from God because "you have to deal with your conscience on the matter." That left me off the hook. I would just tell what the Bible was saying, and then it was up to the individuals involved to hear from God. I didn't have an answer if they would say, "We can't hear from God clearly on this issue."
The Lord spoke to me one day and told me to write. The following prophecy came forth. . . .